Jupiter knows that Black lives matter. Period. Want to be part of the change our systems need? Keep talking to your community. Don't accept the status quo. Keep asking questions. Keep reflecting personally. Listen. Keep educating yourself. Take action. Check out this list of Community-Based Organizations from Greater Portland 2020 that could use your time, energy, and any money you have to give.
We are here. We are listening. Our eyes are open. More action to come. Black Lives Matter.
Looking for a way to help out in the community? Here are other great resources to check out:
• Support Don't Shoot PDX with us by donating: here.
• Donate to Black Lives Matter via their donation page: here.
• Donate to a bail fund: There's a crowdsourced list that keeps growing on Google docs: Google Doc
• Volunteer your time, energy, and money with Don't Shoot PDX. More info here.
• Give to the Black Visions Collective: here.
• Sign a petition: Black Lives Matter's Defund the Police petition can be found here.
• Follow black-led organizations like House of GG, Trans Justice Funding Project, The Okra Project, and Youth Breakout to support queer, LGBTQ+, and trans youth and adults.
• Call your State representative and demand that voting by mail be allowed in your state in November if it's not already: Find their contact info here.
• Support Black-owned restaurants and businesses. There's a great directory of restaurants here.
• Portland-based media artists Jodi Darby, Julie Perini and Erin Yanke, co-directors of documentary film Arresting Power: Resisting Police Violence in Portland, Oregon, is available to view entirely free here.